I’m Matt, I’m a UK-born Scientist who lives in Helsinki. This website is where you can find links to my work, watch videos of my live stuff, and get contact information.
During the day you can find me at Aalto University where I am a senior communications specialist for the Faculty of Science.
I got a PhD from Imperial College London in physics. I was working out if very small particles of zinc oxide mixed with a special plastic that absorbed sunlight would make a good, cheap solar panel. The short answer was no. The long answer is my PhD Thesis [PDF].
You can see my career stuff on LinkedIn. Follow me for updates etc. about public engagement with science research.
Public Key : 0194C8BD
- InstaTopEmoji a bot that counts which emojis celebrities use on instagram
- Nuclear Trains a site that lets you follow currently running UK nuclear waste trains
- Tycho’s Nose my Cool Science History Blog
- Saturday Science Club a family science radio show that I used to present on Soho Radio
- BahFest 2016 which I won
- The Royal Institution Lates
- Green Man Festival 2015 and 2016